Carrot cake has always been a favorite in this house. After coming out with this version of the recipe, I have done it for every birthday in the family and I am sure that I will continue doing it many times more because it´s always a big hit! It’s a super soft and fluffy cake; You start eating it and is hard to stop because it’s so delicious.
But why don´t you try it yourself? Here I leave you the recipe.
Vegan carrot cake
2 cups all Purpose whole wheat flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 Grated Carrot
1 and 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- The first thing you’ll do is to preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Then in a bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Now add the grated carrots, the brown sugar, the milk, the applesauce, the olive oil, the vanilla, the vinegar, the chopped nuts and mix very well.
- Now its time to prepare a cake tin and spread with coconut oil its sides and bottom.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
If you want to make it double like in the picture, just divide the mixture into two cake tins, distributing the mixture equally.
For the frosting
1 cup of vegan cream cheese
1/2 cup of powdered brown sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat together, either by hand or with an electric mixer, the cream cheese and sugar until it is creamy and the sugar completely dissolved. Then add the lemon juice and vanilla, mix a little more to integrate everything. Ready!
With this frosting you can decorate the cake and if you do it double like in the picture, don´t forget to put frosting also in the center of the cakes.
Don´t forget to put all your love! That way the cake will be even more delicious!!