Sundays are made to pamper us and “break the diet” and for that today my daughter Sara has gotten into the kitchen! In the family, Sara is super famous for her French toast and we have modified the recipe and made it completely vegan, battered in oat bran, which has given it a very special crunchy texture. And for topping a delicious homemade syrup of berries also made by her. How good it´s to have a big daughter who likes cooking!
Here we share the recipe with you, so you can do it at home. We wish you a Sunday full of delicious meals.!
Ingredients for the toast:
Gluten free bread
2 tablespoons of oat bran, soaked in 1/3 cup of water
1 spoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon coconut oil for frying
Ingredients for the syrup:
100 gr of blueberries
100 gr red berries
100 gr of blackberries
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of lemon juice
1/3 cup of orange juice
Procedure for syrup:
- Place the fruit in a pan and crush it.
2. Add the sugar, lemon juice and orange juice. Let boil and remove from heat. Set aside.
For the toasts:
- Add the spoonful of sugar and the teaspoon of vanilla to the oat bran and water. Mix well.
2. Dip the bread in the mixture until well covered.
3. Fry it in the pan with the teaspoon of coconut oil and repeat this procedure until you have all the toasts.
Serve with the berries syrup on top, decorate with fruits and powdered sugar.
Hurray for Sara!
We love you!